Rhythm Express Performing Arts
COVID-19 Risk Assessment
Updated September 2021 in Preparation for Term 1 2021-22
Measures that continue to remain in place: –
- A requirement for any staff member, parent, carer or child who has symptoms of COVID-19 to self-isolate and have a PCR test
- Robust hand and respiratory hygiene
- Enhanced cleaning arrangements
- Keeping occupied spaces well ventilated
The school will advise the following: –
- Book a test if they are displaying symptoms. Staff, performers, parents/carers etc must not come into the school if they have symptoms and must be sent home to self-isolate if they develop them while at class. The school will no longer need to advise parents and carers if there are individual positive cases of COVID-19 within school. According to advice given, the school will notify staff and relevant parents/carers of pupils and explain the steps the school and they need to take if there was a significant outbreak. It is expected that parents/carers will come and collect their child when they have been asked to do so.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including face covering and face masks:
The wearing of a face covering is no longer required.
We have chosen to wear disposable face coverings, face shields plus a range of other items such as aprons, gloves and personal sanitiser to assist with physical well-being and staff confidence. It is a personal choice if adults choose to continue to wear/use these.
There is no longer an obligation for social distancing, however, we recognise that adults may wish to maintain more than 1 metre distance between themselves and other adults during the pandemic.
*** No one should come into the school if they are showing symptoms of COVID-19. e.g.
- Continuous cough
- High temperature
- Loss or change in their normal sense of smell or taste
They should be isolating if: –
- they are waiting for the results of a COVID-19 test
- another household member is waiting for the results of a COVID-19 test and they are over 18 but have not been double vaccinated
- they have tested positive so should be isolating at home for 10 full days since symptoms started or on the day of the positive PCR test if asymptomatic
- they have been contacted by NHS Track & Trace and been told to complete a PCR test and wait for the outcome of the result
- they have returned from a country where the government have stated that they need to quarantine for a set period of time
Our school is logged with the NHS Test and Trace process, please check in if entering the building.